Making It Work! – Managing For Success Through the Coronavirus Pandemic
Written by: Kevin Brownlee Agora Strategic Advisor
Thinking outside the box is saving businesses right now. With many businesses shut down or scaled way back, many have taken the old prison phrase of “Do the time, or the time will do you” to heart and doing everything they can to grow and revise their business right now.
Agora’s team of Strategic Advisors are busy helping companies and entrepreneurs move their “Blue Ocean Strategies” off of their wish list and onto full production. We are giving ideas to businesses that are quickly turning doldrums into dollar signs. Here are a few:
- Several restaurants without drive-thru capabilities are setting up makeshift drive-thru tents, with their top-selling dishes and even modified menus to accommodate take-home meals. Many are keeping their wait staff employees working by delivering meals to various customers. Most are now saying this offering will continue when the crisis at hand is over.
- RV parks are offering reduced rates for those wanting to “get away” from higher risk areas and embrace social-distancing, thus replacing vacation cancellations with new Customers to fill their sites.
Churches are utilizing electronic video feeds and on-line conferencing to keep Bible studies and small group gatherings on track, and streaming their worship services.
- They are also moving to on-line giving.
- Auto Manufacturers are re-tooling to manufacture respirators for hospitals.
- Manufacturers are finally able to re-arrange their production line for better efficiencies and upgrading their equipment. Some are embracing the opportunity to “sharpen the saw”.
- Companies are allowing their employees, if able, to work from home, several of which are realizing this method of employment is fantastic for their families and commute budgets, and are setting up home offices for continuation. Some are working out of their RV and have traveled to campsites near their favorite National Park destinations!
- Restaurant chefs who have been laid off are starting their own food catering businesses and thriving, some of which are fulfilling life-long dreams.
- Small “Mom & Pop” retail stores are moving their wares on-line, for the first time, and business is thriving in a new way.
- Computer software programmers are busily working overtime helping the above businesses and many others bringing their “outside-the-box” ideas to reality.
This is a time of hope and excitement! Agora Strategic Consulting is offering a no-cost, no-obligation discussion with you and one of our Advisors. Contact us today and see if we can help your business move outside the box and not only thrive in this different economy, but grow and branch out grabbing new markets productively and profitably!