Written By: Kevin Lemasters, Strategic Advisor
What does this look like for your business? Are you ready to see it transform? As we approach the final months of 2019, let’s look at what that could mean for you.
Most successful businesses set time aside towards the end of the year for their strategic planning and budgeting for the next year. But how much time do they spend on looking at where they are today based on last year’s plan? We still have time this year to begin to make changes to transform your business. Nothing says you have to wait until January of each year for a fresh start! If you have been struggling to get through this year, or just ready for it to be over, then just say “it’s over”.
Today can be your transformation start date! Set some time aside today, or get it on your calendar in the next few days and begin thinking about these areas of your business and what you’re going to do in order to begin the change.
- Do we have them
- Are we living them out every day
- Do they align with our current culture
- Could the lack of these be preventing our success
- Do we have the right team members
- Are they in the right place on the team
- Do they have the opportunity to do what they do well
- Approach to business
- Is what we are doing, working for us
- If not, why?
- If yes, how can we improve
- Is it time to change HOW we approach what we do
- Do we make it easy to do business with us
- Do our team members have the tools they need to be successful
- Are we providing the training and roadmap for success to our team
- Does our leadership CARE about what we do and our people
These few items may not answer all of the questions you have, but I believe they will get you thinking in a manner that brings the right questions to the surface. Once they are asked, you now have the opportunity to begin answering them with your team and start the transformation. Change can be difficult, but it is in the difficulties of life that we grow. Embrace this exercise as a time for growth in you, your team and your business.